Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Day of Firsts

This weekend my roommate and I decided that we needed a little break from the stress of work, etc. and treated ourselves to some fabulous mall offerings.

I got my ears pierced for the first time in my life, and I also had my first pedicure.

Now, ere you start thinking I've gone and got all grown-up"ish", we spent the rest of the evening pulling our own "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition" prank on our other roommate. We couldn't decide between the black fuzzy coloring posters or the paint-by-number wall art. In retrospect, we should have just gone with the fuzzy posters and markers. Apparently my crafting ability is less than an 8-year-old for whom the paint-by-number was designed.

8 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

This ear piercing thing has me reeling. Reeling!
Boom chicka wow wow

What's next? Tinkling ornaments about your feet? Chains, bracelets and mufflers? Bonnets? Changeable suits of apparel? Wimples?

Fine linen? Veils?



*as a side note, the word verification is gliteri. I don't think it's a coincidence

Brent & Andrea said...

Venom, you crack me up!
Bepa, good job on the ear piercing. And only one piercing per ear too.
Lookin' good! ;-)

Lili said...

Oh wow, another one leaves the un-pierced ears ranks! (I'm yet to do it myself!...)

Kirsten said...

Wild in Vegas
Congrats on the ear pieecing, a pidicure sounds like heaven, and you crack me up, hope she enjoyed the room makeover.

The Chris Jackson's said...

How fun! It sounds like it may be half-growing up. The pranks are just something you are still working on. ;) Did Tristen ever get in touch with you? She is in my ward. Small world.

nateandrebecca said...

Wow. You got your ears pierced? Is that what it takes to be grown-up? I doubt I will ever make it then. But then I found out this weekend I am not a real women either, at least according to Nate's brother's theory. "Real women" like to go shopping at the mall, get their hair done, get manicures and pedicures, etc. So if I am not a real grown-up, and I am not a real woman, I wonder what I am...

Anonymous said...

I love that your picture is in front of the paint by numbers! Best Weekend EVER!

Jancisco said...

ooooooooohhh! Pretty earrings, Bepa.