Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thanks for the compliment?

I went to watch our school's first football game of the season today. While I was there I started talking to the mama of one of my former students. She told me that last week she had to come down to the school because her son was causing problems in his class. She told me that he was angry and just kept saying over and over again that he wanted to come back to my class. This mama then told me that she just had to beat him because he kept insisting on coming back to my class.

"I had to just beat him right there in the office in front of the principal, the counselor, and some other teachers. He really loves you, but I just needed to straighten him up and teach him that he can't go back down to 3rd grade. Actually, he got beat by his daddy when he got home, too because he still wouldn't stop throwin' a fit about being in your class."

I guess this is why I teach for America. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why didn't you just fail the kid so he could avoid this unnecessary trauma? :(

Myra Bybee said...

Miss Childz, the best teacher in the world. So good that your kids will get beat so they can be in your class.

Geniel said...

Incredible!
love from "Yo Mamma"

Marcus and Jenny said...

oh goodness. that is so sad, but good for you, I guess?