Sunday, October 28, 2007

Can I get an AMEN?

The other week I invited some friends from work to a Gladys Knight fireside. To return the favor, one of the ladies invited me to her church for a special choir performance.
So, I grabbed a roommate took off to Victory Missionary Baptist Church down by my school today. It was quite the experience. There was only one other white person besides Liz and me out of the congregation of over 300.
Going straight from Sacrament Meeting to this meeting was a drastic change. The speaker in Sacrament Meeting commented on the "silent reverence" in that meeting. The Baptists have a very different approach. The devil don't like praise, so you best be clappin' and shoutin' your love and praises! The choir was amazing. I have never felt so much energy in one room. Mo Tab will just never by Motown, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Myra Bybee said...

I wish I could have recorded you inmitating the emotions of the church program you went to. That I would definately give an amen to!