I had another one of those moments where I have to stop and think about the statement that just casually left my mouth.
This morning our school was on lockdown again for a while. During lunch I asked someone about the reason for the lockdown. The counselor informed me that a gangsta (probably a disgruntled parent) called and made some threat about the school.
My response was "Hmm, that's new. Usually the lockdown is just because of gunshots across the street".
As I finished my peanut butter sandwich I finally realized the oddity of this sentence. I then asked myself the question that frequently runs through my mind: "how did this become my life?"
The answer always is "I wouldn't have it any other way".
2 comments:
Erika,
I really admire what you do! I don't think I could do it. You are making such a difference. And I love that you are so fully immersed in the culture you are working in. After all you are dating Matt Kelly.
MK+EC= true love
Post a Comment