Somehow the fact that I'm single came up again in class today. The students are generally concerned for my well-being, and try to think of anyone they know that I could marry.
(Last year a student thought she had found the perfect match. "Ms. Childz, my neighbor is nice, has the same skin color as you, and has the same length of hair as you, too. You're perfect for each other. You have to marry him. Please, please, please, please, please!!!!!!!)
One student today was amazed that not only do I not have a boyfriend or a husband, I don't have any kids either.
I explained that I'm not going to have kids until after I'm married.
Then, a look of shock, disappointment, and disgust came across her face as she yelled out, "Wait, Ms. Childz. Is yo' kids gonna be WHITE?"
5 comments:
Bepa, you have the funniest stories!
Marriage talks at church, matchmaking at school. You're surrounded on all fronts.
Oh, there's this guy I know, he's perfect for you. He's a little bit older but his kids are really cute. I was thinking that since you're both looking (again) for a spouse...
I'm so jealous of all the great stories you're getting. The funniest things that ever happen in my classes are the occasional engineer jokes. And most of those can hardly even qualify as jokes. Maybe if i find a job in L.V. my life might be at least a little exciting.
will you kids br white? As we can attest to -- not necessarily!
I agree with Marcus and Jenny. It is a legitimate question.
Post a Comment