Sunday, February 24, 2008

President's Day Weekend

On February 16th I went through the temple for the first time. People keep asking how it was, but it's hard to put feelings into words. All I know is that the level of chaos I have felt for the past year and a half did not compare to the peace inside the Lord's house. It is so wonderful to have this refuge from the daily storms.

My parents, Ian, Alexis, their baby Jacob, Hilary, and Scott all piled in the minivan and drove down to Vegas from Provo Friday afternoon. Rachel left her husband and boys in Oregon and flew with her 6-week-old baby Anna to meet us that night. We missed Chandler, but he was busy playing in Disneyland on a high school choir tour. We had a great weekend just spending time together, eating good food at my cousin's house in Henderson, and doing a little sight-seeing at Hoover Dam.

Here's a few pictures from this wonderful weekend.

Just chillin' with Jacob



Beautiful Anna (the first niece!)

The Temple Goers

The Roomies: Myra, Liz, Erika, Amy (not pictured: Cassidy, Brooke)

The Parents and Me

I love Las Vegas in February!

I took my family to my school Sunday morning. I figured that should be one of the safer times to be walking around the 'hood. Good ol' Matt Kelly ES. We Dream It, Believe It, Achieve It!

Feel free to come up with your own commentary for the people in this picture. Despite what you think, we did have a fun time at the Hoover Dam.

Here we are having fun at the dam giftshop.

4 comments:

Christie C said...

Bepa! When did you get your hair cut? I love it! And congrats on going through the temple!

Myra Bybee said...

Ha ha ha. My favorite is still the photo where you are ticked off, and Alexis is crying. Fun times at hoover dam.

nateandrebecca said...

Hey Erika,
I saw your mom on campus the other day and said Hi because I recognized her, but had no idea where I knew her from until seeing her in your pictures. Just thought it was funny. Congratulations on receiving your endowments.

Jancisco said...

Bepa, you look seriously hot. Not because you are in Vegas in February, either.

Also, my first niece is ALSO named Anna. Coincidence? My theory is that they are the same baby and we are now related through our shared niece and only through her.

Congratulations on going through the temple--makes you smarter, doesn't it?