We had a meeting at work the other day discussing problems and things we would like to do differently next year. The first thing on the agenda was addressing a safety issue. How do we encourage the police officers to ask the person that they are arresting during the day if they have any kids that go to our school? We keep sending kids home to empty houses because we (and the kids) don't know that their parents were taken to jail during the day.
They never addressed how to solve this problem in my teacher training classes.
2 comments:
Who'd have thought that would be an issue... I really hope that doesn't happen very often.
Maybe they should just send the kids straight to jail after school since that's where they are going to end up anyway?
I'm seriously just kidding. That's insane. At the end of each of your blogs, I hear this question..."How did I get HERE?" I'm glad you are though...those kids need you:-)
Post a Comment