Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Here We Go Again
I almost made it two weeks this year before my first upset mama began threatening students in my class. I tried to explain the the parent that her daughter was not an innocent victim in an on-going feud between two families at the school. After I told her that she got in trouble the day before when I caught her putting her hands around the other kid's neck, the mother corrected me. "Oh, no. She's not just puttin' her hands on his neck. She's gonna be stranglin' the kid. I told her to do what she has to do cause we aint taken none of that boy no more. Actually, if he ever puts his hands on my baby again, I'm gonna come down here and kick his head in myself". No wonder I get funny looks when I tell the kids that there are other ways to solve problems besides using fists (or feet).
2 comments:
Maybe you could come up with a rap about how violence is not the answer. You could teach it to your kids who sing it to their families. Then in 12 years a movie will be made.
a good reason for why i switched majors....
Post a Comment