Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Did I mention I hate cockroaches?

Today M. (who could have an entire book written about his behavior) tried to kick a seemingly-dead cockroach out the door. Unfortunately, he managed to kick the 2" monster cockroach back over onto its feet which prompted the roach to run right back into the classroom. It was bad enough that the monster was crawling around the classroom distracting everyone (including me). However, M. started calling it by the name of a kid in the other 5th grade class. I was relieved when one brave student took her job of exterminator (yes, it's a classroom job) seriously. It was also a little hard not to laugh when there was an immediate 25-student chorus of "Ew! Tom just got squashed!!!"

5 comments:

Britni said...

lol i LOVE your classroom stories

Vanessa Swenson said...

yes, I agree, your classroom stories are incredible. I wanna hide out in your classroom sometime and just watch. It's probably illegal to hide a camera, isn't it? Dang

Jan said...

Poor Tom. Human Tom, not cockroach Tom.

Brent & Andrea said...

Remember when Bart brought us back a cockroach from Houston, for our Christmas present? That was NOT cool! Sorry about the continuing roach problem. I do love your blog though, so keep the stories coming.

Douglas Family said...

Erika,
I just have to tell you how much I admire you and what you are doing over there. I love to hear all of your stories!!!! Stay safe Miss Chilz! Luv yo cuz
Michelle :)