I think that I've probably doomed myself to the calling of Eternal Girls Camp Director.
I find myself in the thick of planning our school's second camping trip in the past 3 months.
They asked me to plan our 2nd annual "Capstone" trip for the 4th and 5th graders in May. It is not a small task to come up with activities that will keep 70 students engaged and out of trouble for 5 days and 4 nights.
I guess it went well enough because they have decided to add a "Stepstone"camp during the first official week of school. I got stuck with planning this one too. I have witnessed first-hand how beneficial it is to take our students out of the neighborhood environment and expose them to new challenges, so I fully support these trips. However, trying to plan another camping trip (my principal assured me it would be easier because we are "only" going 4 days and 3 nights) on top of planning for a new school year is proving to be a bit of a challenge.
P.S. What are the chances that this year our school will start two weeks before any other school in the district? (Back to work on Monday. Yikes!)
P.P.S. If anyone has any fantastic teambuilding/leadership activities, let me know. We leave in 3 weeks!
2 comments:
Only things I can think of are ropes course type activities. I have done a lot of those at camp and at leadership building conferences and such. Some of them were pretty fun. Good luck in any case; I am not jealous.
I have done a lot of those at camp and at leadership building conferences.Some of them were pretty fun. Good luck in any case.
___________________
Vince
Naton wide cash is easy and fast
Post a Comment