I made it four whole days away from the school before I had my first school-related anxiety dream of the summer last night. It was your typical anxiety dream. I happened to show up at the school and realized that it was the first day back for the students. I didn't have anything prepared. I didn't have my class list, and no one seemed to be able to help me get one. I showed up in my pajamas and had to change clothes, but there wasn't anywhere that offered some privacy to do so. I kept getting interrupted trying to get to my classroom. I ended up being late and tried to sneak in without my principal noticing. Once I got the correct clothes on and found my classroom I was supposed to gather my students to bring them to class, but still no one had given me a class list.
The ironic thing about the dream was the parts that one would think would be the biggest stressors like not being told when school was starting, not having anything planned, and not being able to get a class list so I could follow the principal's directives were the least of my worries. I remember thinking in my dream, "Oh, this is so typical of our school. It's not any more difficult than what I've already had to deal with working here".
So true!
And the scariest part of this nightmare is there is a good chance that dream may come true.
(But hopefully I will remember to get dressed before I leave next time).
4 comments:
LOL, I didn't realize that teachers had those types of dreams. I thought it was only students.
I hate school-related dreams. Only, I am always the student. I also hate dreams where you can't find needed privacy for something. Not a good combination.
I think Kenz is a little stressed about getting ready in time for the big bad Clark Co. you should take her to CLAIMJUMPER!!! (and me too!) granted it was fast sunday, but we drooled over the phone while I told her of their scrumptious menu....yum!
Idn't realize that teachers had those types of dreams. I thought it was only students.
___________________
Vince
Naton wide cash is easy and fast
Post a Comment