Friday, April 4, 2008

Question of the Day

Maybe it was because I started singing Fergie's "Glamorous" in class today (which I only know because of our favorite wii game-American Idol) , or maybe it was the Martin Luther King story we read that made her think about the race issue. Whatever it was, one student randomly asked me,
"Ms. Chilz, what are you?"

I've been asked this before, and it still makes me laugh everytime it comes up. I like to pretend like I have no idea what they are talking about.

"What do you mean?" I respond.

"You know, Ms. Chilz. Is you black or white?"

I look down at my pre-summer tan skin (which doesn't look much different than the summer tan skin) and try not to laugh out loud. "What do you think I am?", I ask back.

"I don't know Ms. Chilz. Just tell me! Is you black or white!?!"

"Well if you don't know, then I'm not going to tell you."
She was not satisfied by this answer, but I was very satisfied that she even has to ask.

3 comments:

About Me said...

Miss. Chilz - serious, what are you?

Myra Bybee said...

ha ha ha!It is nice to know you are accepted!

Alexis said...

Miss Chilz we all know you is mixt!