Yesterday my roommate Liz and I headed back from our week-long adventure in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachussettes. Our flight from Portland, ME to Chicago was delayed, so we missed our connecting flight into Vegas. (I only stopped in Vegas to sleep before I drove up to Utah this morning). The wonderful people at United bumped us up to first-class on the next available flight.
I had never flown first-class before. I reveled in the abundant leg-room and seat-room. I was sitting in the front row, so when I got tired of sitting with my legs tucked up under me (and still not hitting the guy next to me) I could rest them on the wall in front. I didn't even have to ask for a pillow. They had one waiting for me. I got so excited when I got to choose between a granola bar or pretzels. I could even have all the apple juice I wanted in a plastic cup twice the size as they serve in coach.
I then realized that these "luxuries" are the same things that make a 3-year-old happy. Pretzels, granola bars, apple juice, and a place to curl up with a fluffy pillow. Does it get any better? I guess the good things in life never grow old.
3 comments:
Wow! I have never flown first class before, but it sounds luxurious!
ha! That's funny. I guess they never do grow old huh? I was bumped up to 1st class once, and I will never forget it. It was a beautiful flight. Too bad I'll never get to do that again, but at least I had a taste of it that once.
I want to fly first class! This makes me think of you reaching for juice in your short camping chair and looking so much like a little kid.
Post a Comment