Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sunday 6/23/13

Sunday 6/23/13
            I really wanted to go to church this morning, but I still don’t know exactly where it is.  People know where the Mormon church is, but no one really uses addresses, so I’ve gotten directions like, go to the first Parc in Petion-Ville, and you’ll see a Catholic church.  Then walk a few meters past that and there is another street or maybe two.  Then the Mormon church is down one of those streets.  You can’t miss it.  ???
            So, instead I sat out on the balcony and headed self-guided church.  I read my scriptures and some Ensign articles while staring at the incredible scenery right in front of me.  My roommates and I then made a delicious brunch of French toast and mangoes, which was a special treat because so far my breakfasts (and dinners) have consisted of granola bars. 
            The rest of the day was spent talking to my parents, resting, re-organizing the new counseling center (moving piles of laundry from the couch to the bunkbed), playing games with the other housemates and talking to my new friends here.  

No comments: