Friday, August 10, 2007

The Dreams Continue

The past two nights since my last post have been filled with dreams of school.

Wednesday night I had a dream that again I couldn't find my classroom. Once I finally found my class, I walked in the door and was shocked. The room was full of little white kids along with a couple Asian, and one black kid. There was even a parent there waiting with one of them. I didn't know what to do. I kept thinking. "I don't know how to teach white kids. I don't know what to do with a parent that wants to help. I don't even want to teach a bunch of white kids!!!".

Last night I had dream that all the teachers were issued guns to keep in our classrooms. It was quite the ordeal to smuggle the weapon in without letting any of the other kids know about it. I was also worried that I didn't know how to shoot it.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched Freedom Writers again yesterday. I don't like taking work home with me (especially to my home in Provo).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your continued restlessness! But now I must quote my favorite line from that movie:

Marcus: That Meip Gies lady, the one that help hide her, I like her. I got all these other books about her from the library.
Erin: Wow, you used your library card?
Marcus: Nah...

Erika said...

I laugh every time at that part. Nothing could make a teacher more proud!?!

I also hold you partially responsible for the dream about the gun, Andy. I think I was nervous about my confrontation with this fear. But at least I can now rest peacefully knowing that I can shoot some dirt with a rifle!

Anonymous said...

Haha—no one has ever told me I'm the reason for their violent dreams! I'm not sure what to think about that!