Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School's in Session...Kind of

It seems that summer vacation is ending faster than planned. Since I got back to Vegas Monday night I have already spent two days at school even though I'm not contracted to be there until next Wednesday.
My prinipal asked me and a couple of other teachers to be mentors for the new teachers. How did this happen? I'm happy to impart my pedagogical knowledge and personal experiences, but I've only been doing this for a year! It was funny to listen to myself lead discussions and answer questions about what to expect during the first few weeks of school, how to implement behavior management plans, and effective procedures. It was just two months ago that I was asking these same questions. Maybe no one will notice that I'm just pretending to know what I'm talking about.

P.S. I paid off my car today. Woohoo!!

3 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Who doesn't fake it? I'm always faking it, but people don't notice if you talk with confidence, eh? I do it all the time.
Oh, and in your "About Me" thing on your blog, what about your fear of falling down stairs and knocking out your teeth?

Myra Bybee said...

I am proud of you for being a mentor and for paying off your car!

Erika said...

How could I forget about that long-standing fear. Maybe I'll just have to act confident around any type of slope so it doesn't know that I'm afraid of knocking all my teeth out.